Hilton's latest and greatest!
Keeping it Local
My team and I are proud to service the bike riders of Havelock North, Hastings and Napier. Our website is a work-in-progress but our Havelock North bike shop is always fully stocked with anything and everything that you might need for biking in the Bay. We are about to move into a new shop with even more space for our awesome new stock including many electric bikes..
Come to us first for:
- Electric Commuter bikes
- Performance Road Bikes
- Comfortable Pathway Bikes
- Superior Mountain Bikes (my 'special interest')
- Kids bikes from age 1 to teens
Come in and test ride a couple of bikes around in the safety of our off-road carpark to see what you like.
Let Revolution Bikes keep you in the loop with all Hawke's Bay's biking news via email! For a preview of a recent email click the image below, and remember to get your own copy by using the link underneath or the signup form.
Every month I have an article published in our local paper - The Havelock North Village Press. This was a question and answer session celebrating our 5th Birthday.
~ Hilton Taylor
Bike Shop Secrets with Hilton Taylor from Revolution Bikes
1. Why did you choose Havelock North as the location for your business?
When I took over Revolution Bikes five years ago the business was already established in Donnelly Street. We saw the potential for more cycling locally. I’m a keen mountain biker so proximity to Te Mata Peak for rides after work was a bonus. I already lived in Havelock North with my wife Billie Sue and our three kids, and for me being able to bike to work every day sounded awesome!
2. What unique “something“ does your business bring to the Village?
Revolution Bikes has been leading the local cycling revolution for five years, seven days a week. From the beginning we set out to grow the market by providing a genuinely friendly service to all people who wanted to ride a bike, regardless of whether they were a seasoned pro, a complete beginner, or hadn’t touched a bike in 20 years. Then we started getting innovative with our stock – as well as dealer quality mountain, road and kids bikes, we introduced kids balance bikes and a colourful selection of fun beach-cruiser style pathway bikes that are very popular, especially with the Havelock ladies.
After hours, I am working with the Te Mata Peak Trust, private landowners and other ‘decision makers’ on the new mountain biking trail that is under construction up the Peak. This will be the biggest thing to hit Havelock since Te Mata o Rongokako.
3. What is your favourite part of Village life?
The sense of community and camaraderie in the Village is second to none. Many regular customers have become my good friends. I can’t even walk around the supermarket without bumping into a bunch of people I know!
4. What does the Village have that other areas don’t?
Te Mata Peak. It’s our biggest, most beautiful asset but it’s also our most under-utilised one. Also Havelock North is very lucky to have a brand new, national quality BMX track about to open soon.
5. Finish this statement: My customers are . . . serious about fun on bikes. That’s the one thing they all have in common, and really that’s what it’s all about.
Top 10 Reasons to shop at Revolution Bikes
- Your first bike service is FREE on all new geared bikes!
- Local knowledge of biking activities, clubs, cycle trails and conditions
- Friendly bike repair service 7 days a week to keep you riding
- Safekeeping of your bike's unique serial number in case of theft
- Trade-ins and pre-loved bikes are sold guaranteed ready-to-ride
- We custom-build dream bikes from the frame up, and customize dealer quality stock bikes from new
- We send regular emails with an up-to-date cycle events calendar and what's hot locally
- We have a BIG bike shop and a much better range for men AND women than you will find anywhere else (yeah, even online).
- We ask specific questions to find the right bike for you. No matter who you are, or where you want to ride.
- Passionate staff who are involved with NZ Trail Fund, IWay, Te Mata Peak Trust, HB BMX Club, Ramblers, HB MTB Club and BikeNZ to bring benefit to all cyclists, big and small.
And this is what our customers are tweeting:
"Praise again for @revolutionbikes Super friendly service while you wait. Nothing a problem." - @roddrury Rod Drury, CEO Xero
"Highly recommend Revolution Bikes in Havelock North. Just spent and hour in there chatting with the owner and checking out the bikes" - @stuartm Stuart Maxwell, Wellington
"Fabulous service from @revolutionbikes - thanks guys! Really felt in good hands with buying my new bike today." - @brenasmith Brena Smith, Director at KiwiTax, Napier
"@revolutionbikes you guys are the bestest" - @ashireland Ash Ireland, local MTB legend, Havelock North
"RT @ashireland: @revolutionbikes you guys are the bestest. I agree totally - great service" - @FrizzellWines FrizzellWines
"Thanks @revolutionbikes for the quick fix and advice. Grt customer service." - @modohb Tony Maidens, Havelock North.
"Our new addition to the family. Thanks @revolutionbikes! Mums happy, and the delivery went well!" - @andrewWHITE_NZ Andew White, Director at My Valuer, Napier.
Got your 5 cents worth to add? Tweet to us today
New bike brands in stock now!!
The new Mondraker Dune RX in action - click for their website.
We've got new bikes in stock from Mondraker, Norco, Cannondale, GT, Rocky Mountain, Trek, Santa Cruz, Fuji and BYK plus these other excellent brands:
Get solid protection and great style with Limar bike helmets. Most models come in lots of different
colours. Check out their website!
Michelin bike tyres
Michelin bike tyres are among the most advanced and well respected in the world. Visit their
website to view their product range.
Token provide high performance carbon composite, titanium, ceramic, and alloy materials bike
components and wheels. Visit their website to view their excellent product range.
Zapp bike gear
Zapp provide a large range of bike accessories and gear.
Night Rider lights
New and cutting-edge bike lights for commuting or competition.
Enquiries - ask us a question
Contact us with your name, address, contact email/phone and items you'd like to order or enquire about: