Meet our Team
The Operations Director
Hilton grew up riding bikes around the family orchard in Pakowhai. Went to high school in Taradale and Lindisfarne. Started life as a builder but his true passion was always mountain bikes...
- Joined the Hawke's Bay Mountain Bike Club about 20 years ago before getting involved in administration with BikeNZ and UCI.
- Married to Billie Sue and a father of three.
- Bikes to work everyday rain or shine.
- Rides his mountain bike every Thursday night with the BMC club and does monthly missions to remote and challenging trails.
Connect with Hilton on Facebook here.
Billie Sue Taylor
The Creative Director
Billie Sue grew up riding her Raleigh 20 around Havelock North. Went to high school at Taikura Rudolf Steiner School in Hastings on her trusty, rusty 10 speed.
- Joined the Hawke's Bay Mountain Bike Club after meeting Hilton in 2000
- Was a monthly ride leader in PanPac Eskdale Mountain Bike Park guiding girls-only-rides and new riders to learn the forest.
- Now married to Hilton and a mother of three little bike riders
- Most often found riding with the kids to school, on the Hawke's Bay Trails with Meg, and up Te Mata Peak to get some 'alone time'.
Connect with Billie Sue on Facebook here.
The Assistant Manager
Paul went to Taikura Rudolf Steiner School with Billie Sue in the '90's before a stint in forestry and discovering his passion lay in the world of bikes.
- His depth of experience in the New Zealand bicycle industry is inimitable (unique and impossible to replicate)
- Has worked from Wanganui to Castle Rock and many places in between
- Is a BMX skills master
- Owns more bikes than anyone can keep track of.
- Often rides his road bike to work
- Can be found at the Havelock North BMX Track on his breaks, or crushing it on mountain bike singletrack while filming with his helmet mounted GoPro.
The Retail Manager
Meg spent several years living in the Netherlands and loved the immersive cycling experience that is part of everyday life there.
On returning home to New Zealand with her husband they established the Bike On New Zealand Charitable Trust and in 2010 were recognised for their contribution to increasing cycling in New Zealand at the ASB Cycle Friendly Awards where they won the Greater Wellington Regional Council Cycling Champion of the Year Award.
- Rolled out the Bikes in Schools program nationally
- Has been known to assemble 30+ bikes at one time
- Is the cover girl for the Kennett Brothers book Hawke's Bay's Best Bike Rides
- Rides to work on fine days
- Prefers long trail rides where there is coffee and scones available
- Hates riding down hills but has an insatiable need to cycle around Lake Taupo every year
And the part-timers...
Gavin Brock, a skilled mechanic who tackles tricky repairs with his experienced hands.
Lochlin Toner, our after-school-help, a talented musician and our bike mechanic protégé.
Brian Taylor, Hilton's dad and our landlord, restorer of vintage cars, rider of a electric full suspension Mondraker mountain bike with dropper seat post, who likes to come and drink coffee in our workshop while chatting to the customers.
Every summer we pick up an extra pair of hands to help in the workshop and the retail side of the bike shop. If you love bikes and have skillz and would like to be considered please give us a shout on the contact page.